Yamaha RX5

Sujet Drumkits

• 5 réponses
  • 3 participants
  • 424 vues
  • 3 followers
1 Drumkits
Hi,

as far as i understood, one needs the RAM cartridge to save/load voices but how about complete drumkits saving/loading in one take ? Is a complete drumkit 12 voices of the upper row, the row below being always there ? The RAM can contain up to 64 voices, which does not really correspond to 5 drumkits which would be 60 elements ? Thanx for help ! I don't really get the logic.

je sais jamais si je plaisante

[ Dernière édition du message le 25/06/2019 à 16:07:16 ]

Hey,

I'm not sure the RAM cartridge works the same way as the Waveform ROM cartridge but I'm gonna guess it's pretty much the same. Each pad can play a sound which you have to choose from the pad menu. It can be a patch from your ROM or RAM cartridge, or from the ones already existing in the RX5 ROM. You can't assign a sound to a pad exactly as you wish, the RX5 will propose some sound for each pad (for example, your snare pad will not be able to play a kick, as well as your cymbal pad will not let you play a snare).

If you are using an external midi controller, I guess you might be able to use more voices, as you can assign a note to each sound.

Hope this helps.
yes, i noticed that, but my question was about complete kits, to avoid spending time on assigning one voice to each pad.

It's an old box, there's no such thing as a drum kit on the RX5. When you assign a sound to your pad, you just save it and you'll find it the same way next time you will turn your drum machine on, but that's all. You can't select a kit from the memory just like on modern machines.

You could probably use the midi dump to save your drumkit on an external machine, but that would mean doing midi dump everytime your wanna change drumkit.

Can't think of a better idea :??:
hey, mais ça parle super bien l'anglais ici !
Thank you, indeed the edited voices are still there when powering up, which is great enough to make great use of the machine that way.

you'd better use a vsp 800 with the display rack to do such things on the Rx.And by the way the glucosum kit is a must have.