Photos
1/11

Sujet pedales qui composes le Magnus

• 2 réponses
  • 2 participants
  • 753 vues
  • 2 followers
1 pedales qui composes le Magnus
ce pedalier est une tres bonne idée. T-Rex est une marque que j'adore!
Je possede à ce titre une Moller (overdrive +boost) et la Reptile 2.
Superbes pedales, je les vénèrent!

Justement concernant ce pedalier je me demande de quelles pedales originales est il composé?

S'agit-il des tonebug?
Ou declinaisons justement des Moller (Od+boost), et reptile (Delay), entre autres?

je m'etonne un peu du prix de ce pedalier, face aux pedales individuelles qui pourraient la composer...

j'aurais tendance à dire qu'il s'agit d'une serie de Tonebugs, assemblées en Chine?

Perso j'ai eu la Tonebug Reverb, et sans dire que s'etait une mauvaise pedale, je n'avais pas retrouvé le "je ne sais quoi" qui font que la Moller ou la Reptile sont selon moi exceptionnelles..

Alors s'il y a des curieux, ou des biens avisés, qui connaissent precisement de quoi sont composées les entrailles de ce pedalier, ça m'interesse beaucoup!

merci
Pour ceux que ça interesse j'ai eu une reponse tres detailée directement aupres de T-REX : voir le forum de la Soulmate.
Je me permets de remettre la réponse ici :
Citation de Jx30510 :
Bon, j'ai questionné T-Rex directement par mail. Comme d'habitude reponse ultra rapide de leur part, et pour le moins tres complète... Quel plaisir d'avoir à faire à ce genre de constructeur..
C'est un copié/collé, la reponse est en 1ere partie, ma question en 2eme. Desolé en anglais.
Pour resumer la Magnus est effectivement un premier jet en association avec Guitar Center. Sinon exactement le même son entre les pedaliers et les originales, si ce n'est des variations dans le calibrage de certains potards.
Je pense me prendre la Soulmate...

REPONSE T-REX :

"Hi Rodolphe

Both boards use the same design and construction as the individual pedals.

Same type of components/pots/pcb/jacks/etc.

The overdrive is basically a Møller, so the sound is there, but the bass switch is not.

There have been a few tweaks to the way that the blend knob works, but I would

say that the Soulmate is the closest to the Møller pedal, regarding the way that the blend

works. The basic sound is the same, but the same settings on the blend will yield different sounds.

The same goes for the delay. Because the boards are restricted to four knobs pr. effect,

the same sounds can be achieved but the rate of the modulation cannot be adjusted on the front panel,

and the “chorus” knob on the Soulmate is a “tone” knob on the Magnus.

Both effects are the same as the individual pedals, construction-wise, so the same DSP is used, the dry is still analog

and the effect has the same sound.

Magnus vs. Soulmate:

The Soulmate has 95% the same sounds as the Magnus. It offers these changes/added features:

1: Slight change in "blend" knob on the overdrive.

2: Slight change in the "presence" knob on the distortion.

3: Added an fx loop after the drives, for a volume/modulation pedal or a preamp.

4: Aux power plug for any pedal connected to the loop or in front/after the Soulmate.

5: Added tuner display, so the names of the notes can be seen.

6: Moved the tuner/tap footswitch to the lower row.

7: Comes with a bag.

8: The Delay has a "chorus" knob instead of a "tone" knob.

I would say, that if you really, really want to know you should find a dealer that carries both

and then play them against your pedals. Can the Soulmate replicate a Møller and a Reptile2?

Sure.

Is the distortion exactly like a Mudhoney? No, because the Mudhoney does not have a “presence” control,

but the same sounds can be dialed in.

Is the delay like a Reptile2? Yes, but you will have limited control of the modulation compared to the pedal.

The Magnus started as a GuitarCenter excl., so the description does not mention anything about what pedals

it may have been designed from. We had so many questions regarding this, that we chose to let our customers know

what pedals we “put in” when we released the Soulmate, so players could familiarize themselves with what it has to offer.

But, it is not all black and white, so there IS a difference between all three, but soundwise it the same

All the best.
Kristian
T-Rex

MA QUESTION :

Hello

To start, I'm a great fan of yours effects!

I'm looking forward buying one of your last products, and I'm kind of stuck making up my mind between the Magnus or the Soulmate.

To explain myself, I own the Møller which I wouldn't trade for anything, as well as the Reptile 2.

Can you confirm that the Magnus and Soulmate replicate exactly the Møller, same design and components?

If it is my idea is to sell my stompboxes and get the Soulmate

I'm less concerned by the other effects, but are they actually exactly the same as the Mudhoney and Replica/Reptile?

Last question, are the Magnus and Soulmate exactly the same soundwise?

Your website seems more precise concerning the Soulmate being the exact replicas of the original stompboxes, whereas the Magnus specifications are rather "opaque" on that point.

My goal is to get one or the other, and not loosing the sound of my beloved Møller, which my all time favorite stompbox!

Thank you very much in advance for your reply.

Rodolphe

France