Ajouter ce produit à
  • Mon ancien matos
  • Mon matos actuel
  • Mon futur matos
Tech 21 VT Bass
Photos
1/145
Tech 21 VT Bass

Simulateur d'ampli basse de la marque Tech 21 appartenant à la série Character Series

Sujet Samples & Reviews Tech 21 VT Bass

• 33 réponses
  • 16 participants
  • 13 781 vues
  • 13 followers
1 Samples & Reviews Tech 21 VT Bass
Bonjour!
Cet été je vais a chicago, je vais en profiter pour commander cette super pedale pour 100€.
Avant ça, j'ai fais des tonnes de rechercges d'avis, de samples etc etc et je veux donc vous en faire part.

La nouvelle ligne de pedales de tech 21 sont les character series, qui servent à simuler le son des plus grands ampli. (British:Marshall, Liverpool:Vox, Blonde:Fender, California:Mesa Boogie et VT bass:Ampeg)

Caractéristiques:

Citation : Jacks 1/4" input, 1/4" unbalanced output
Controls level, low (±12dB @ 125 Hz), mid (±12dB @ 500 Hz), hi (±12dB @ 3.2 kHz), character, drive
Input impedance 1MΩ
Output impedance 1kΩ
Power source 9-volt battery, or 9VDC optional power supply (Tech 21 DC2, $12.95)
Dimensions 4 5/8" x 3 5/8" x 2"
Weight 0.4 lbs
Made in U.S.A.
Warranty One year limited

Vidéos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8kdWpB3U4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FgWlk0KzdVk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ot6jQTYdSCY

La pédale est livrée avec un "mode d'emploi" où sont mentionnés des reglages pour atteindre des sons précis:

Les avis:

Citation : It’s the character knob that gives this stompbox series both its name and its, well, character. Each pedal’s eponymous pot pans through a choice of amp sounds, affecting frequency response, attack, and drive to produce a specific amplifier’s sonic sensation. With the VT Bass, setting character before 12 o’clock aims for the powerful Ampeg SVT sound, around 12 noon it aspires to the tube warmth of Ampeg’s ’60s studio staple, the B-15 “flip-top,” and dialing up afternoon clock positions promises a range of distorto-crunch. The drive knob acts as each amp’s input gain would, pushing the virtual preamp and eventually pouring on the overdrive. SVT-like speaker simulation is part of sonic sauce as well.

I stuck the VT Bass in front of an SWR Redhead and a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, sometimes bypassing the amps’ preamps by plugging into their effect returns. I also recorded it direct via a computer-recording interface. The character control deftly delivered a full menu of meat, especially the broad, beefy SVT tones for which it’s reasonable to assume the pedal is named. A bit of drive boost added wooliness to the note attack, and more drive brought on a monstrous and menacing growl, especially when I dug in with a pick. Turning character past 12 o’clock, the grinding overdrive sounds went from tube-like fuzz to cutting buzz-saw crunch. Putting down the pick, the flip-top setting was satisfyingly Motown-like, with the drive control adding a little extra hair on the front of the note. All the tones were thick and filling through an amp, but I really loved it for recording direct. That’s where that sweet, fat tube sound made a huge, track-filling difference.

Between all the settings there are plenty of scrumptious tube overdrive sounds, but the VT Bass is far more than a fuzz box. It also offers big, clean tones, and thick yet fuzz-free tubey tumescence. The three deliciously sensitive EQ knobs are potent tone-shapers; you don’t have to tweak them much for substantive results. Small knob turns created distinct differences, which made it easy to dial up a giant garden of goodness. At rehearsals, I found it easy to match my bypassed sound, which I could then use as a starting point for constructing a specific sonic contrast.

The pedal itself was rugged, with sturdy jacks and pots, and Tech 21’s quiet, soft-actuating footswitch. I get a little nervous about long, thin battery leads, even though they’re very common in stompboxes. For a clumsy oaf like me, they just seem so vulnerable to the accidental yank. Unlike most other SansAmp bass products, there’s no xlr jack for recording direct, but most audio interfaces in project and home studio—where you’d really want that big rig vibe without the big rig—have instrument inputs or q" line-level jacks, both of which the VT Bass can handle just fine.

The Character Series VT Bass has a definite bias toward rock sounds, and if overdrive is your thing, you’ll find a cornucopia of tube-like flavors. However, this nifty little tone tweaker is rather versatile, and its big sounds might surprise you.

Un journaliste de BassPlayer

Citation : I played through it at NAMM. It sounds very thick and creamy and does a great job at emulating tube sounds. It was really easy for me to dial up a "vintage Wetton" tone within the first 30 seconds!

I give it two thumbs and an extra extremity or two way up! :mdr:

vegas532, du forum TalkBass

Citation : I also played the VT at NAMM and was very impressed. Keep in mind that NAMM is a horrible listening environment since it's so noisy, but kneeling directly in front of the speaker at a moderate volume it sounded simply fantastic! It sounded like a raging SVT, yum! I'm gonna take another listen before I decide to buy or not, but thus far it's two thumbs way up, and I am dying to hear it again! :aime:

DblStopBomber, du forum TalkBass

Citation : Oh yes!! I played it too at NAMM, it was the Mike Lull p-bass into the VT bass - it defined bass!! I want one of those pedals asap! The character knob on the pedal offers alot of variety. It was just an amazing overall pedal. Since it was straight into a power amp, I don't have any idea of what the color/tone will be in front of an actual head.

I am thinking VT Bass | Aguilar DB728 | DB810 or 412. With a Countryman DI in the mix somewhere.

bdeaux, forum TalkBass

Citation : I love this thing so far. There are a lot of similarities to the BDDI and its incarnations. I think the VT Bass overall has a better midrange punch than the BDDI does. The VT Bass just seemed fuller to my ears. Thicker. The drive level seems to have more range than on the BDDI as well. Can get a bit nasty when turning up the drive.

It lacks the Presence knob of the BDDI, but adds its own Character knob, which to my ears has more of an effect on the sound than the Presence did. Of course one of the big selling points on this is the addition of the Mid knob.

I think the only downsides to this in relation to the BDDI are 1, for those who would use this as a DI, this is missing the XLR plugs. Not a big deal for me, but a main feature of the BDDI. 2, the lack of a Blend knob. I love the sound of this so far so it may not really be necessary, but I think it would've been nice to be able to blend in some clean signal like on the BDDI.

Overall a similar beast in comparison with the BDDI. Each have a couple advantages/disadvantages over the others. I can't see anyone really having a need for both, unless the BDDI would used just for DI purposes, or the VT Bass used on a higher gain setting for a gnarlier tone. A "not-quite-RAT-level" distortion. :)

I'm very happy with this purchase, and I can foresee many others feeling so as well.

incognito89x, du forum TalkBass (=> Son sample dont il parle est ici: http://thebreakaway.net/staff/chaz/recordings/VT-Bass.mp3 )

Citation : I've got a VT Bass pedal in for review and I'm loving it. I've used it on all my gigs since it arrived - on electric and upright. I don't use it for a distorted tone because I'm not playing anything where that would be appropriate, but the clean sounds are exceptional. It really fattens up the tone, and I find between the SVT and B15 settings, plus the midrange - I can dial up anything I need.

The distortion is great, very much identifiable as Ampeg based. Yeah, if you crank the highs, it IS an icepick. But, it's completely possible to get a great saturated tone that cuts without the ear bleed. The controls are VERY sensitive, so you have to be sparing.

The thing that I like the most is that it works so well live. My experience with a lot of the digital modeling stuff is it sounds great recorded, but is too compressed for live work. Not so with this pedal, I can get my full dynamic range. I'm hooked.

edfriedland, du forum TalkBass

Citation : I just got mine today and I gotta say this is the best preamp/distortion pedal I have tried and I have tried quite a lot looking for THE tone. In the past I did have the BDDI and a GT2, both messed with my bass' tone, not so with the VTB, this is capable of great mids, unlike the other Sansamp pedals.

Jeff Scott, du forum TalkBass

Citation : I really like mine. So far it's a keeper. Sounds good with guitar too.
I was messing with the factory suggestions tonight before dinner and was able to get an active VJ thru SM400 close to convincing B15 & SVT territory. Handles an NTBT pre, surprisingly.
The 'ice-pick' sounds do exist but are exceptions not the rule.
I may consider one of the other pedals for guitar, California or British...

J-taperEd, du forum TalkBass

Citation : 2008 American Standard P-bass V --> Tech21 VT Bass --> Tapco Blend6 mixer --> Pair of KRK Rokit 8's =

What a nice preamp/DI? I love it!

To those who commented about "Ice Picks", that only occurs with character + drive + treble in the 3 o'clock+ position. That can be tamed quite a bit by adjusting the tone controls and/or pickup selection on the bass.

I played the VT Bass for several days using two different basses (Actve Jazz and Pass P-bass V) as a DI and as a preamp through a crappy combo amp. It is great as a DI and helped quite a bit with the Ibanez SW65. I think it would be even better through a better bass amp. I'm very pleased with this peddle. IMO it's worth every penny!

Hawaii Islander, du forum TalkBass

Citation : It has arrived and it makes everything sound better. I'm no expert as this is my first pedal but it comes with a card with 4 suggested settings to get you started (SVT-Style, Fat Tube, Flip Top Style, and Rage) and they all sound different but great.

TotallyStupid, du forum TalkBass

Citation : When I have the drive up anywhere past 1/4 it gets all dirty and I can't stop my amp from clipping, I guess this is normal.. I have a lot to learn!

TotallyStupid, du forum TalkBass

Et enfin un avis en français: ( :lol: )

Citation : Du peu que je connais Ampeg (joué une fois sur une SVT 3, ou un truc comme ça) on a VRAIMENT me grain Ampeg! Bon faut pas espérer remplacer une tête SVT Classic mais pour 160€ on a une super pédale! On peut aller chercher dans la grosse saturation lourde, le clean claquant.. Bref plein de truc à faire là dessus!
En plus elle fait préamp... Ma future pédale en somme :D:

(elle a l'air de sonner pas mal avec une guitare aussi, mais faudrait que j'essaie chez moi ça plutôt..)

Je l'ai aussi essayé avec une pédale d'overdrive en amont, et bah ça déchire, on a une belle saturation avec le grain Ampeg :D: (bon faut pas prendre n'importe quoi non plus comme pédale d'OD)

De notre chère ami Mu. du forum Guitariste.com :bravo:
La mienne est commandée ! Meme si j'ai dja le stack Svt :P:

Sound system gonna bring me back up ! One thing that i can depend on !

Alors, commandée ? Reçue ? Essayée ?

Un avis peut-être ?
Il ne faut pas désespérer des imbéciles. Avec un peu d'entraînement, on peut arriver à en faire des militaires. Pierre Desproges
Je suis revenu les mains vides, elle était en rupture de stock chez zzounds...
elle arrivera donc chez moi, en france. elle est partie hier, je la reçois dans une dixaine de jours malhureusement. Mais des avis, y'en a un paquet sur talkbass
Salut!

Par rapport au Sansamp Bass Driver, ça se situe où finalement? C'est la même utilisation non?
Elle ne fait pas DI, eq 3bandes , j'aimerais en savoir plus aussi.
Ah oui techniquement ça fait pas DI? Genre est-ce que ça se branche direct dans une carte son?

Sur Thomann, ils disent "it all sounds massive DI"...

https://www.thomann.de/fr/tech_21_vt_basscharacter_series.htm?sid=ec6f8e9480ac10934e735d05135c1e0f

On sait pas trop ce que ça veut dire... :noidea:
C’est un préamp avec la simulation du son AMPEG (on tourne le bouton « caractere » et on passe d’un SVT classique à un SVT PRO en passant par le Portaton).
La boîte ne fait pas de DI – une entrée et une sortie, les 2 en Jack.
Un EQ 3 bandes très efficace.
La sortie envoi le signal très puissant – on peut donc brancher l’étage de puissance en direct.
Direct dans la carte son ? Je le fait, mais j’applique par la suite la simulation HP logiciel – ceci est une question de goût.
Direct dans la table et ensuite dans la sono – très bon résultat.
Je n’ai jamais essayé le SA Bass Driver – je ne peux pas comparer le son. Mais j’aime beaucoup le grain de VT bass – surtout en mode « modern » et avec le médiateur, ça donne le son saturé dans le style de Tool ou Perfect circle.
J'ai reçu le mien ce matin, j'ai hâte de l'essayer!! :bravo:

Dîtes, niveau alimentation, c'est du 9 volts ce qu'il y a de plus classique?
J'ai commandé ça pour l'alimenter: https://www.thomann.de/fr/harley_benton_powerplant.htm
Oui moi j'utilise l'alim 9v (compatible Boss) de chez Thomann, et ça fonctionne impeccable.