Interface audio USB de la marque Apogee appartenant à la série Duet

Prix public US : $595 incl. VAT

Sujet Apogee Duet , iOS and midi restrictions

• 3 réponses
  • 2 participants
  • 2 549 vues
  • 2 followers
1 Apogee Duet , iOS and midi restrictions
I now that the Duet has been designed and thought to be very straightforward and easy to use, meant to be used with just a simple keyboard midi controller.
But the lack of DIN connection and the impossibility to plug a hub or a USB to midi adaptor (iRig, iConnectivity, Alesis control hub interface.....) is a huge difficulty to deal with when you need to use more than one midi controller and need to control synthesizer from your DAW.
I make music only on iOS and work a lot with midi sequencer. Before I bought my DUET, my configuration was this : a Scarlett plugged to a powered USB hub, on which my iPad was plugged with the USB to Lightning adaptor. On the USB hub, I had an Arturia MiniLab and a Novation Launchkey Mini. And a MeeBlip plugged to the output midi DIN of the Scarlett.
All these gears works perfectly, I can see and use my 2 midi keyboard and the MeeBlip in every music apps I've got.
All this to say that when you use to work with this configuration, being restricted to only one midi keyboard is very unpleasant.
I don't want to get rid of my DUET, the difference of sound quality with the Focusrite is huge !
But I NEED to find a solution to this midi situation. Even if I can't build exactly the same configuration, I would certainly be happy to find a,"middle ground", where I could control one synth (I've got a MicroBrute too) and use my MiniLab...
So, I desperately need your help here, if you are yourself an Apogge Duet user and work on iOS, I would be glad to hear your ideas, even if you don't have a solution, maybe your configuration or the gears you are using will give me some leads...
Thank you for your help,

Best regards.
Citation de mainserve :
I now that the Duet has been designed and thought to be very straightforward and easy to use, meant to be used with just a simple keyboard midi controller.
But the lack of DIN connection and the impossibility to plug a hub or a USB to midi adaptor (iRig, iConnectivity, Alesis control hub interface.....) is a huge difficulty to deal with when you need to use more than one midi controller and need to control synthesizer from your DAW.
I make music only on iOS and work a lot with midi sequencer. Before I bought my DUET, my configuration was this : a Scarlett plugged to a powered USB hub, on which my iPad was plugged with the USB to Lightning adaptor. On the USB hub, I had an Arturia MiniLab and a Novation Launchkey Mini. And a MeeBlip plugged to the output midi DIN of the Scarlett.
All these gears works perfectly, I can see and use my 2 midi keyboard and the MeeBlip in every music apps I've got.
All this to say that when you use to work with this configuration, being restricted to only one midi keyboard is very unpleasant.
I don't want to get rid of my DUET, the difference of sound quality with the Focusrite is huge !
But I NEED to find a solution to this midi situation. Even if I can't build exactly the same configuration, I would certainly be happy to find a,"middle ground", where I could control one synth (I've got a MicroBrute too) and use my MiniLab...
So, I desperately need your help here, if you are yourself an Apogge Duet user and work on iOS, I would be glad to hear your ideas, even if you don't have a solution, maybe your configuration or the gears you are using will give me some leads...
Thank you for your help,

Best regards.

The Duet 2 for ipad has a USB port to channel midi.
Apogee recommends the iconnnectivity MIO if you don't have a class-compliant keyboard.
Why do you say it's impossible?
Thank you for your answer.
I said it was not possible to plug a midi hub to the USB of the Apogee because I asked the Apogee support and that's what they told me. Inthe Duet was meant to be used for one midi keyboard, because this was "its philosophy " : a small and straightforward, portable professional recording environment.
But if the IConnectivity MIO is compatible, are you aware of a device of that kind which would provide more than one input ? Because even with the the iConnectivity, or even if the iRig 2 was supported, I still can't plug my MicroBrute and my MeeBlip, or the MeeBlip and my MiniLab (with an adapter if the device requires it..).
For example, is it possible to use a device like this old Midisport 2 by 2 from MIdiman (M-Audio) ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4ythg37fngrxd5/2016-01-27%2010.59.35.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4ythg37fngrxd5/2016-01-27%2010.59.35.jpg?dl=0
Thank you for your help

Best regards
I wish I could help more but I have no experience with M-Audio interfaces.
Just saw this but that doesn't help since the Duet is the hurdle: