SubZero Tube-5 Combo

Sujet Combo subzero 5 w

• 2 réponses
  • 3 participants
  • 771 vues
  • 2 followers
1 Combo subzero 5 w
Bonjour
Beau combo potentiomètres aux rôles intéressant ,son...beaux aigus beaux médium mais ça va pas du tout dans les "graves"stato/les Paul aucune
chance dans ces fréquences là ,leHP sature comme s'il allait éclater...
Bref ,utilisable en reliant ce combo a un bon HP
pas terrible

[ Dernière édition du message le 15/08/2016 à 00:25:32 ]

L'électronique est visiblement de très mauvaise qualité d'après de nombreux commentaires.
voici un avis assez réaliste sur cet ampli
"SubZero Tube-5 Tube Amp
Output power: Max 5 W, min. at 8 ohms at 5 THD, 1 kHz
Input impedance: 1 MOhm
Speaker output: 1 x 8 ohms, 1 x 4 ohms
Speaker: 8" Celestion Eight 15 - 8 ohms
Controls: Clean (Volume), Overdrive switch, Overdrive (Gain, Volume), Equalizer (Treble, Bass)
230V, EU-plug
Dimensions: width 363 mm x height 294 mm x depth 205 mm
Tubes: 1 x EL84 Ruby, 1 x 12AX7 Ruby
Weight: 7.1 kg
Compact low-watt tube amp with "British" sound.

When I first played the Tube-5, I was a little disappointed at first, what I heard was not quite what I imagined, but still, the sound also had some positive qualities.

It quickly became apparent that the two main problems were both the original Ruby tubes and the function of the Treble control, which acts a little different than expected.

The Ruby Tubes are actually just differently labeled, typical Chinese Shuguang tubes, which are - in my opinion - not really a good choice for guitar amps, few basses and mids, but quite intense, unfortunately easiyl too sharp sounding highs.

So it made sense to test the amp with other tubes. With simple JJ tubes the amp already sounded much better, even better with a set of vintage RFT's.

The treble control here seems to work as a kind of treble booster, which unfortunatley was not really adjusted very good. Specifically, this means, that at higher settings not only the highs themselves sound too sharp and too metallic, but that also all other frequencies are also audibly thinned out too much, which produces much too thin and sharp sounds for my taste.

But if you reduce Treble significantly, the amp immediately sounds noticeably better, fuller and much better balanced. In my opinion the amp sounds - depending on the guitar and pickups - best with Treble between 8 and 11 o'clock position, Bass control in all positions works fine.

If you adhere to these guidelines, the Tube-5 gives you nice, usable tube sounds. The very small enclosure and the small 8 "speaker are of course also a sonic compromise, which you notice, if you connect the amp to a larger cabinet and speaker(s). Nevertheless the Eight 15 is a good choice here.

Basically, the Tube-5 produces a good, balanced, direct vintage clean sound with British voicing, which means that the mids are not scooped out. The clean channel remains largely clean even at higher volume settings.

The overdrive channel - which can only be activated with a mini switch - is responsible for (vintage) crunch to overdrive sounds, gain can be adjusted quite well, whereby the sound delivers significantly more compression and sustain than the clean channel, but the amp still responds well to pick attack and guitar volume.

Due to the construction and the small speaker, the amp responds very quickly and directly, which may be too much of a good thing. I personally found the overall sound and the response better and more balanced, when I turned back the volume and tone on guitar.

Even if the Tube-5 is small, it is quite loud, if you want to play at room volume level, you can set the volume to a maximum of 1 in both channels, which means, for some power amp saturation you will need an addditional power attenuator or play loud.

The Tube-5 sounds surprisingly good, when recorded it into the computer via load box, audio interface and combined with a good IR. The results sound much more like a tube amp than the results of a lot of amp sims.

If you scoop out the mids with an additional EQ on the computer, you can even get good more-fender-like sounding clean sounds from the clean channel, the overdrive channel anyway sounds good on the computer as it is.
"

j'ai un epiphone valve junior qui a le même souci de base, des lampes et un HP de merde ... :furieux: