Hercules 16/12 FW

Interface audio FireWire de la marque Hercules

Sujet 64 bits drivers?

• 7 réponses
  • 5 participants
  • 1 953 vues
  • 5 followers
1 64 bits drivers?
Hi, first of all sorry for speaking in english, but i dont speak french. And this is the best forum for the 16/12 (if not the only one :D: )

I purchased the card two years ago, but now i changed to a new pc with 64bits Windows, and i cant use the card with the new one. I read that hercules doesnt make more units so, ¿are they going to release 64bits drivers?
Thanks!
I don't think 64 bit drivers for 16/12FW is a priority for Hercules.
For the moment, it is clearly displayed that current driver are not compatible with 64 bit OS.

"This driver is not compatible with Windows XP 64 /Vista x64"

The best is to contact Hercules Technical Support to get confirmation.

Good luck.
Hi, have you got more information about the 16/12fw driver for x64? I have tried to contact Hercules but nothing. I like this card because it very simple to use with all programs.I have bought a new computer with 8Go ram and I have instaled vista 64. I think they prefer gamers than musicians.
Thank's
Qui fait le malin......
Im afraid Hercules is not going to release this drivers. :furieux:
So what we can do? 32bits systems cant have more than 3GB of RAM. Im trying to sell my card, but since Hercules have a bad reputation of not supporting old products, its gonna take a while.

I think every one in this forum should email Hercules to release 64 bit drivers for XP or Vista. Even if you are not using it at the moment, you will in some years, and ive read that Vista drivers should work on Windows 7.
I have mailed hercules a lot of time and they don t want to do this driver.
F..k Hercules
Qui fait le malin......
I'm in the same issue, and the compatibility with Linux will never be supported too (proprietary chipset).

This card is a good product, but not a big success, so i think that Hercules don't want to invest in developpement but prefer to improve players products...

I'll sell it, and buy a card from areal soundcard manufacturer like MOTU, MAudio, etc
Ok, I'm developping a linux driver based on ffado if someone is interested on...
Of course we are interested!

I posted in 16/12 section of ffado some time ago. I was interested in doing the drivers, but i didnt know where to start...

I hope you can do it, and if you need some help coding or testing, contact me.