Se connecter
Se connecter

ou
Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Synthés dans la variété internationale dans les années 70 et 80.

• 6 151 réponses
  • 102 participants
  • 293 993 vues
  • 163 followers
1 Synthés dans la variété internationale dans les années 70 et 80.
Je fais un honteux copié-collé du post de Renaudg :

Citation de renaudg :
Salut,

Je me suis souvent demandé quels étaient les synthés de prédilection sur un certain nombre de tubes 80s en variété/synthpop internationale qui ont quelques riffs mémorables.

Toutes infos bienvenues :)

Alors on commence par celui-là.
Pro-one pour la basse et le synthé.
Pour le rythme j'entends divers sources : TR-808 + ARP 2600 ou TR-808 + Pro-one

Afficher le premier post
Les sept dernières minutes de la vidéo sont les plus intéressantes en ce qui me concerne :mrg:

JayBignoise "Des musicos totalement dingos"

Mes modestes élucubrations  : Jay's Soundcloud

Citation de Zuma Otto Rivers :
Je pense qu'il a pris quelque chose dans le nez

Ah ben oui, on voit bien qu'il ne carbure pas qu'à la verveine.... :roll:
Topic Depeche Mode? Topic années 90?
Et bien non, je préfère mettre a ici!

Vince Clarke’s Wall Of Sound
by Ian Masterson
Article from Music Technology, June 1993

The gospel according to St.Vincent - a tour of the collection

1 Minimoog

"Well, it's an analogue synth! This one I usually use for bass sounds and percussion things - hi-hats, snares and so on. It's a nicely designed synth, lovely bit of tropical rain forest wood panelling..."

2 Oberheim Xpander

"I love this because you can patch everything internally... it's almost - almost - like a modular system. Everything is crosspatchable; nearly everything can be modulated by everything else. And one of the nicest things about it is that it has MIDI and CV/Gate - it was part of that inbetween period. We used this extensively on the last tour: I used it as two sources, left and right, to get independent sounds."

3 Roland SH09

"I also have the SH1 over there, just as a general analogue keyboard. I don't use this for bass, because it's not quite heavy enough. It has a nice, tight envelope though, unlike the Minimoog, which is a bit too loose for my taste."

4 Roland Jupiter 8

"This is very new to me, actually. I have a Juno-60, and I've had a JP-4, but the Jupiter 8 I've never really understood. But we used it on the tour because it's one of the few analogue keyboards that you can program - which is obviously important on tour. The Minimoog was used for basses on the tour, but because you can't program it, I was manually changing the sounds all the time - which is why the basses sounded so appalling! I don't use the Jupiter 8 a lot, but it does have some nice clean sounds."

5 Oberheim ObieRack

"This I really like. I'd love one of the original Obie 4-voice ones, which I'd buy if I had the chance, but this is my compromise in the meantime. I'm having it converted back to CV and Gate, because it's been MIDI'd, unfortunately!"

6 Roland Super Jupiter MKS-80

"We bought these for touring again, because you can program them and memorise the sounds. I'm not that keen on it. It's supposed to be a rack version of the Jupiter 8 - which is probably why I don't like it much."

7 RSF Kobol

"I've had this for about ten or eleven years. It came out about the same time as the Sequential Circuits Pro One, and it was unique - it had a memory again. I started using this to program up for the tour, and I was getting on really well with it, memorising all the programs up, until I realised that it only had 16 programs and we had 30 songs to do - so I had to start again on something else! There's a really weird sequencer on it as well; it doesn't sequence notes, it sequences between sounds. Strange...

8 PPG Waveterm 2.2

"This is a complete mystery to me. I've never heard one in its full glory, and I'd like to get the original sounds to load into it. Ten years ago it apparently sounded great, so it might just be the sounds in this one that discourage me."

9 Roland Juno-60

"Oh, I love this. I don't know why; it's just the sound of it. The chorus, the ultra-noisy chorus on it, is really special. It has a wonderfully sharp envelope on it as well. All these Roland synths, incidentally, have to be connected to CV and Gate via OB-8 interfaces."

10 Sequential Circuits Pro One

"I've had this for 12 years. I love my Pro Ones. It's one of the keenest synths going, much better than the Pro Five. The envelope - yet again - is sharp. This gets used for a lot of the drum sounds, particularly bass drums. It also has an interesting modulation effect."

11 Moog Source

"This is one I've never used. I'm still trying to get it to work over CV and Gate..."

12 E-mu Modular

"Not such nice woodwork on this one! Really, really keen sound though. I like the keyboard as well. The sequencer is interesting: it's digital, worked via a little numeric keypad. This one came from the USA. Feel the pots on that - they're lovely. Look at the quality. They don't make 'em like that any more, guv..."

13 Modular Moog

"...Or rather, bits of a Modular Moog. It's from the States again. I'm not as enamoured with it as you might think. I know the traditional image of analogue synthesis means that people think you have to have one of these, it's a sort of legend; but it's really not that incredible in terms of filtering and things. It's nothing like the other Moogs - you can't compare it to a Minimoog or Polymoog, it has a completely different sound. Lovely spring reverb module as well - I like spring reverbs in synths. But it's nice because it's cross-patchable. That's an end in itself for me."

14 ARP 2500

"Wonderful early synth, this. As you can see, rather than using cords to cross-patch everything, it has a network of sliders. Say you want an oscillator on this section; you just turn that slider up to four, and then turn the slider of the oscillator up to four as well. It simply routes them together. Nice little system, that. You can even colour-code your patches by taking the tops off the sliders and arranging them according to your patch. It also has one of those useful 10-step sequencers - as they all did in the early days - for a Tangerine Dream-type effect. That allows you to set up little loops that don't appear to have a first beat. I use it a fair bit. The filter is really weird and harsh, which is strange. It's beautifully built compared to some of the other synths, which are often put together in someone's back yard. You can spend a fortune putting things right on these beauties, but this one's immaculate."

15 Roland System 100

"I've always had bits of System 100s, always. I've just extended it really, adding more modules, although I'm not really collecting them any more. There are little submixers and things which I could get, but they're not that useful to me. It's a great sounding synth; really rich. Plenty of bollocks. I use it a great deal."

16 ARP 2600

"When I first met Daniel Miller at Sarm Studios with Depeche, this was his first synth. We all loved it, even though we couldn't work out how the hell it worked. We'd be on it for hours. There are some really interesting things on it, like the Keyboard CV Output, which is actually an input! This really is a fantastic synth: brilliant sounding, heavy-duty, really sharp envelope. There are actually two kinds of envelope on it - ADSR [Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release] and AR [attack & Release]. Nice spring reverb, two speakers - who could ask for more?"

17 Polyfusion Modular

"What can I say about this? It's really heavy-duty sounding. Don't you just love the different noise filters and mod sources - white noise, pink noise and infra-red! I'd like to get more modules for this; it's really clean-sounding. But they're quite hard to get hold of. This isn't the original rack, actually."

18 Roland System 700

"Same as the 100, but bigger! They just got better at it as they went along, I suppose. This has all the multi-mode filters, delays and analogue switching. The sequencer is another oddball; it has 12 notes, so if you're into waltzes, I suppose this is the one to get..."

19 Serge

"You know, the guy who made this is still making these synths. I've forgotten his name... Sid Serge, I suppose. Something like that. Anyway, it's modular: you can buy these modules to build up as big or small a synth as you like. Nice touch sensitive sequencer keyboard here, great for jazzy stuff. The filters are wonderfully drastic as well."

20 Synthi VCS3

"I've finally got to grips with this. I had this for two years and couldn't work out for the life of me how to get decent sounds out of it. The manual had all those crappy factory patches, like 'Thunder' and 'Waves'. It's also a classic example of the manufacturer making up any old names to suit the knobs, because this belongs to the days when they had no standard jargon at all. But the books for this are excellent, because these were sold to colleges to teach people how to use synths. This one came from a college, I think..."

21 Roland SH1

"Early version of the SH09. Next!"

22 Syrinx

"This is an interesting sounding synth. It has a touch-sensitive whammy bar as a mod source! That's quite a good effect, actually. And look at that colour - electric blue. You just can't beat it."

23 Korg MS20

"What can you say?"

24 ARP Sequencer

"You have to mention this. This is invaluable. It's like my jazz sequencer; you can't do the sort of things you can do on this on any MIDI sequencer that I know of. You can't beat being able to mess about with the faders and get an interesting effect, switching on rhythms and things. This is the way all sequencers should be built. I'm getting a 6-voice version of this built at the moment - someone's copying the design for me. But it's just fantastic - so instant and fast. And it has that Random function, for when you want to do a jazzy middle-eight. Love it!"
Super. Merci :bravo:
Il n'aime pas le Jupiter 8 mais il adore le Juno-60...

Putain Walter mais qu'est-ce que le Vietnam vient foutre là-dedans ?

il a raison, il est beaucoup moins cher.:oops2:

Accordeur de pianos, amateur de synthés       
http://www.accord-eure.fr

Et le MKS-80 est un Jupiter-6 en rack et pas un Jupiter-8, non ?

[ Dernière édition du message le 30/04/2024 à 19:44:42 ]

On peut dire ça globalement, même si c'est un peu plus compliqué, ce serait un mix entre le 6 et le 8, ce n'est ni l'un ni l'autre en fait.

Putain Walter mais qu'est-ce que le Vietnam vient foutre là-dedans ?

Oui, c'est vrai, il est vareuse.
Euh non, il est tunique.
Qui a la ref ??? :clin:

[ Dernière édition du message le 30/04/2024 à 19:52:22 ]

D'après ce qu'il dit, il n'a pas été "à fond" dans le JP-8 et on peux supposer qu'il ne connait pas le JP-6.

En somme, ce qu'il dit, que le MKS-80 est grosso modo un Jupiter 8 en rack, correspond à tout ce qui disent ceux qui ne connaissent, plus ou moins bien, que le 8 et pas le 6.

Coquille dans l'article : pour le petit Roland modulaire, c'est du System 100M (mai 79 plouf plouf) dont il parle, pas du System 100 (mars 77 plouf plouf).
Ploud plouf : 1ère apparition dans un catalogue japonais Roland.

[ Dernière édition du message le 30/04/2024 à 20:50:28 ]